We are happy to have guest editors and contributors for our weekly English and French newsletters. You may contribute in three ways:
1) You can submit articles you find relevant for the newsletter directly to us or by adding #IHPNews in your tweet. @healthsys4all.
2) You can write an editorial on a hot topic in global health that will be featured in the newsletter once approved by the editorial board.
3) If you can write in French, you can provide us with a short summary and comment of an article you have read. See here for more details on this.
More on the editorial
We provide a short editorial every Friday. Guest editors can comment on a ‘hot’ topic, trend or event in global health, or can emphasize a health issue that they feel is being neglected and which they want to put on the international agenda. We favor articles that put a current issue into a new perspective or that are an engaged analysis of a problem that the author feels is being misrepresented in the current literature We welcome guest-editors from the Global South. Scholars, people from the civil society, activists from the Global South.
- Informal/casual style is OK, references are not necessary.
- Three, four paragraphs maximum (or 1.5 page, Times New Roman, letter size 12)
- Up to 5 links are encouraged and should be included in the text as html links or provided at the bottom with clear marks in the text on where to include them.
Examples for editorials/guest contributions include
- Where 3 rivers meet
- World Day on Safety and Health at Work – The urgent need to protect health and life at work
- UHC is in, HSS is out
If you had two or more pieces featured on the blog, you will be featured among the guest authors. Please also provide your data will be put in the authors section)
- your (job) title that you use (MD, Prof, research fellow etc.)
- a small biography of yourself (500 characters max) AND link to your LinkedIn profile OR link to your profile at your institution (if applicable)
- name of the institution you are affiliated with (if applicable)
- and possibly a photo
PLEASE NOTE that the Editorial board reserves the right to feature the blogposts and editorials that appear on IHP on other blogs (in accordance with agreements with partner blogs), i.e. crossposting. Credit will always be given on these sites to the original author and to the IHP website, where the post appeared first.
Latest update : January 8, 2013