A number of Emerging voices and ITM staff have blogged about the PMAC conference on UHC in Bangkok.
- Emerging Voices Amal Shafik and Seye Abimbola wrote a short article, while they were still in Bangkok (and enjoying the festive ‘Chinese new year’ mood in Bangkok): UHC in the year of the dragon.
- David Hercot (ITM) reckons HSS is out as a buzzword, and UHC is in. (crossposted on UHCforward)
- EV Raoul Bermejo’s key message was that UHC basically amounts to intolerance for inequities.
- Kristof Decoster and David Hercot (ITM) gathered a few key messages, memorable quotes and impressions from PMAC.
- Finally, Wilfred Gurupira (EV from Zimbabwe) suffers from post-conference blues. Health is political, he learnt in Bangkok. Unfortunately, in some parts of the world, politics can be dangerous. (crossposted on AfGH)
Others also blogged or wrote on PMAC
- Jurrien Tonen blogged on whether PBF would lose or gain from a greater focus on UHC.
- The Lancet (Dr Bill Summerskill) wrote an editorial on the Bangkok Statement. http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(12)60212-8/fulltext
We welcome more blogs on PMAC!